About the event
Women represent an overwhelming majority of the healthcare workforce, yet they are significantly underrepresented in senior leadership positions. There is some way to go to achieve gender balanced leadership teams that are truly representative of the populations they serve.
The unique Women into Leadership Healthcare conference explores the role of women in healthcare leadership and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders across the health and social care landscape.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in health and social care today
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Design your own breakout session schedule, based on your own needs and aspirations
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in health and social care
- Create a lasting network of women leaders who are effecting change across the health and social care landscape
Women into Leadership Healthcare 2018 speakers included:
- Deborah McKenzie, Chief People Officer, Public Health England
- Cecilia Anim, President, Royal College of Nursing
- Dr Nikita Kanani, Chief Clinical Officer, Bexley CCG
- Paul Deemer, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, NHS Employers
- Sara Gorton, Head of Health, UNISON
- Sheree Axon, Director of Organisational Change and Programme Delivery, NHS England
- Zoeta Manning, Network and Commissioning Manager, NHS Birmingham South Central & Vice Chair, Managers in Partnership
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Coach & Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Josie Irwin, Head of Employment Relations, Royal College of Nursing
- Joyce Frederick, Deputy Chief Inspector - Registration, CQC
- Jo Spear, National Officer - London South and the South East Coast, MIP
Public sector rate: 1 place: £295 + VAT | 4 places or more: £250 + VAT
MiP member rate: 1 place: £195 + VAT
Others: 1 place: £695 + VAT
Register here to secure your place
Who should attend?
Women into Leadership 2018 is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. If you are passionate about, and committed to, improving your own performance, and that of your team and your organisation, then this conference is for you.