About the event
Women represent an overwhelming majority of the healthcare workforce, yet they are significantly underrepresented in senior leadership positions. There is some way to go to achieve gender balanced leadership teams that are truly representative of the populations they serve.
The unique Women into Leadership Healthcare conference, taking place in Central London on 29th September 2020 and in Leeds on 26th November 2020, explore the role of women in healthcare leadership and offer practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders across the health and social care landscape.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in health and social care today
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Design your own breakout session schedule, based on your own needs and aspirations
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in health and social care
- Create a lasting network of women leaders who are effecting change across the health and social care landscape
2019 speakers included (2020 speakers to be announced shortly):
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister of State, Department of Health and Social Care
- Dr Linda Pollard CBE, Chair, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dame Professor Donna Kinnair, Acting Chief Executive and General Secretary, Royal College of Nursing
- Samantha Allen, Chief Executive, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Dame Jane Dacre, Professor of Medical Education, Physician & Rheumatologist. Former President, Royal College of Physicians
- Jugnu Mahajan, Executive Medical Director, Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- Ellen Armistead, Deputy Chief Inspector – Hospitals, CQC
- Daniel Mortimer, Chief Executive, NHS Employers
- Daljit Lally, Chief Executive, Northumberland County Council & Executive Director, Delivery, Northumbria Healthcare NHS FT
- Anne-Marie Archard, Director, NHS Leadership Academy and board member, Healthcare People Management Association
- Elaine Powell, Peak Performance & Communication Expert, SWC Training & Consultancy
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Coach & Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Fiona Edwards, Chief Executive, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Paul Cracknell, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Strategy and Transformation, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
- Zoeta Manning, Senior Integration Manager - Frailty, NHS Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group & Vice Chair, Managers in Partnership
Registration for Women into Leadership Healthcare will open shortly.
Public sector rate: 1 place: £295 + VAT | 4 places or more: £250 + VAT
MiP member rate: 1 place: £195 + VAT
Others: 1 place: £695 + VAT
Who should attend?
Women into Leadership Healthcare 2020 is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. If you are passionate about, and committed to, improving your own performance, and that of your team and your organisation, then this conference is for you.